DNS error in Chrome on every page while using Belkin Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

tj_extreme

Daemon Poster
The title says it all. I'm using a Belkin Play Max wireless router, and I have Zoom 500 internet service from Armstrong Cable. Every time I try to load a page in Chrome, or any other browser for that matter, I get a DNS error. Then, I click reload, and it takes forever but finally comes up. If I bypass the router, and hook the modem up directly to my computer, it doesn't give me the issue. By the way, I'm not using wireless for the computer either, I have it wired in through the router. I need a solution, because I need the router for everything else in the house. Please help!

I'm not really much of a networking person but if by-passing the router eliminates the problem then it must be your router. Have you tried resetting the router? Have you checked for a router firmware update? You may just need a new router. I've bought expensive ones and cheap ones, they never seem to last more than a couple years for me.

I'm not really much of a networking person but if by-passing the router eliminates the problem then it must be your router. Have you tried resetting the router? Have you checked for a router firmware update? You may just need a new router. I've bought expensive ones and cheap ones, they never seem to last more than a couple years for me.

Slay, you hit it spot on. I updated the firmware, it worked for about an hour, now it's back to the same thing. I tried resetting it, multiple times. Guess its time for a new one. What kind do you use?

Go to the command prompt and type in: ipconfig/all
What's your DNS Server address set to? Same as your default gateway?

If it is, log onto your router and check what it's DNS server is set to. Change it to 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS server), if there's a secondary DNS server set just clear it. Clear your dns cache on both the router and the pc, then try connecting to the internet again.

If it isn't, then go into network connections and set a manual DNS server address (again to 8.8.8.8).

Go to the command prompt and type in: ipconfig/all
What's your DNS Server address set to? Same as your default gateway?

If it is, log onto your router and check what it's DNS server is set to. Change it to 8.8.8.8 (google's DNS server), if there's a secondary DNS server set just clear it. Clear your dns cache on both the router and the pc, then try connecting to the internet again.

If it isn't, then go into network connections and set a manual DNS server address (again to 8.8.8.8).

This is pretty much what I was going to suggest, though for secondary I'd set Google's secondary 8.8.4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom