DNS and debian problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyecdevf

In Runtime
I decided that I wanted to set on my router external DNS IP. So I set DNS server of my ISP but when I did that for some reason I lost the internet connection to my Debain box while my windows server faced no problems. I tried to reconfigure my Debian internet connection but no matter what I did I could not connect to the internet. Finally I set up router to be my DNS server again and than worked. Do you guys have any idea what that is so?

i dont fully understand "set on my router external dns ip". is the router hosting dhcp and you're trying to auto configure dns for the clients? or did you set the wan link dns servers?

if dhcp, did the addresses configure correctly?

can you ping a ip address with the dns server set on the router?

Pinging dslreports.com [209.123.109.175] with 32 bytes of data:

can you manually set the isp dns server on the debian pc? only set this if you don't need internal dns records.

I think that what the op is saying is that he setup the dns server ip address of the linux box to no longer be his gateway/routers ip address. he set it to be the dns ip address that his isp was using. then, he changed it back to the gateway/router ip address as the dns address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom