DLink Wireless Router - Send/Receive Email Impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxrocks993

Beta member
Hello, yesterday I installed the DLink WBR-2310 Wireless Router. Installation went smoothly without a hitch. I have no problem surfing the net, but when it comes to sending and receiving email with Microsoft Outlook 2000 it gives me an error message. The error message received is as follows - The server could not be found. (Account: 'shawmail', POP3 server: 'shawmail', Error Number: 0x800ccc0d). Before installation, my Outlook was working fine. I have spent maybe a total of about 1.5 hrs on the phone with tech support at DLink over three conversations. They had me reset the router, modem several times. They had me change some settings within my router i.e. lowering my MTU's, virtual server, port forwarding. They had me do a ping and it was fine they said. Disconnected Router and went back to using just the cable modem, and was able to again check my email via Outlook. If there is someone that can help me solve this problem help point me in the right direction, it would so appreciated.

System Info:

Compaq Presario
Processor: AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.81GHz
512MB Ram

Network Adapter:
SIS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

Modem:
Motorola SB5101 Surfboard Cable Modem

Router:
DLink WBR-2310 Rangebooster G

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 SP 2

Shaw Secure (provided by F-Secure) Version 6.15 Build 50

If there is any required info that I may have not thought to add here, just let me know.

Again, Thank You.

It's probably the firewall feature on the router. Because you said it's fine connected to the modem, so that means nothing is wrong with your computer or the OS setting.

I check your router's spec, and I would assume the Stateful Packet Inspection firewall feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom