Dlink Wireless dropping problems on 1 pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Computerfreak14

In Runtime
Hey guys, i havent been on the forum for a few weeks due to a family death and school work. The reason im here is because im experiencing a annoying wireless network disconnect,very frequently. I have 2 desktops running USB Wireless cards.
Well to give you a backround on my wireless setup.
Router - Dlink di-524
Both wireless cards - DWL-120

The problem is only on one desktop and its closer to the router.It will connect like normal but like every minute or so it will be connected and out of nowhere its disconnected. i tryed switching cards with mine, cause its happening on my little sisters, and when i use that card on my pc it does the same thing.im not sure if its hardware or driver problems. It just started like a week ago and my sister keeps taking my card when i go out and switch it so she can stay connected.

So im not sure if the card could be dying or something so i came to the experts. hopefully its not dyeing cause i dont feel like purchasing a new one, but im i have to, i will

Thanks again,steve

Steve,

Try to run network setup wizard from control pannel. I think if the card was working fine before then there must not be issue related to hardware all of sudden..

path: START>CONTROL PANNEL> NETWORK SETUP WIZARD and follow the instructions

and see if it works.. if it wont then also try to uninstall and re-install the wirless card drivers which is creating problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom