dlink router stops connectivity

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordprobe

Baseband Member
i have a dlink wireless router and after a couple of hours the internet connectivity completely stops, if i press (on my computer) to repair the network connection it restarts and then says the connection is limited... i have to unplug and plug in the router to make it work. Anyone got any tips to fix this?

Have you tried updating the router firmware to the newest stable release?
Where is the router located, and what other active electronics are nearby? How hot does the router get?

Like Ethereal mentioned, certain nearby electronics can rake havoc on wireless signals sometimes. Newer wireless phones dont do it as much I have heard, compared to older ones.

You should try updating the firmware on the router if that doesnt resolve the issue, maybe time to get a new router.

Maybe the power supply is going bad, you could try taking your old one with you to Radio Shack and getting a new one with the same specs. You can always return it for refund if it doesn't solve your problem.

i found out that there is a newer FW version but idk where to get it... i tried google and dlink support
its a dlink di-524 i currently have version 3.02

Should just be on their website under support. Find your model number.

Ive been thinking about investing in a gaming D-link router for my room. Currently running a shi**y Netgear? I think.

Dunno, picked it up from the PX and plugged it in, took off DHCP, PW'd it and let it go. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom