distributing bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtassell

Beta member
hi, ide be very gratefull if anyone could help me out, theres 3 of us (mac + 2 pc's) who are all sharing a 2mb internet conection through a d-link di 604 ethernet router and i was woundering if anybody knew how we could split the bandwidth 3 equall ways? its just that if someones downloading something it goes ever so slow for the other 2 peaple. any surgestions gratefully received

Shaped is the cheaper of the 2. Shaped Internet means that your internet (set by your isp) is prioritised. Certain things will take priority over others.
Unshaped is more of a first come, first serve. I think that if you have unshaped internet, you can set priorities yourself.

Someone please corect me on this if I am wrong, Im not 100% sure on shaped and unshaped, myself

ive just read all the literature that we got and did an internet searc of our isp(ntl) but unfortunatly it doesnt say anyware, assuming ive got the type you can configure do you know how i might go about doing that?thanks

Im not sure, myself (BTW to find out if it is shaped or not, call your isp) how to do it, but im sure someone on the forum does.

You could use NetLimiter. You would have to set it up on both PC's and then on the mac you could use CarraFix . Set it so that each of you uses a portion of the bandwidth.

you could set up a bandwith distribution server, (such as in windows server) or you could get a distribution switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom