Disconnections. . . A lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaMeSTa

Beta member
Okay, I tried going to a different tech site, and they tried helping, but, ended up not.

I use the internet "SBC Yahoo! DSL" and it's a great internet and all, but I get disconnected from the internet every few hours. . I do have a temporarily solution to this problem however, I unplug the ethernet cable in my D-Link router, and just plug it back in, and after a few minutes, it's up and working, but this isn't good, because I shouldn't be required to reconnect the cable every few hours, I was just disconnected from a game tournament :angry: .
My friend who lives nearby uses the same internet as I do, and it works fine for him, he's never been disconnected.

Can someone please help me!

Okay, i dunno what kinda lame-o forums cannot handle this but here I go.

Here's a few questions first.

#1: How many PC's are behind this router

#2: What is the router model number

#3: Do you know the MTU

#4: If you just leave the router plugged in, what happens?

#5: By ethernet cable, do you mean the cable from your PC or the cable to your modem?

1 - The one directly connected to it, and a Laptop that uses Wireless connection

2- D-Link Wireless Broadband Router DI-614+

3 - The wha...?

4 - Well, the internet will work, and eventually disconnect itself (maybe after a few hours)

5 - The one to modem, it's plugged into the Router I think

Okay type in 192.168.0.1 in Internet Explorer and the username is admin, no password

Browse around till you find MTU, and set it to 1492

Wow thats weird. I have the Exact Same problem as GaMesta with exact same router and configuration. I changed my MTU to 1492. I just reconnected so I don't know if it helped but, what does the MTU do?

Can you connect the dsl straight into the PC and see if you get disconnected?

This will tell you whether its the router or the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom