Disconnecting and high latency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porker

Beta member
Hello,
I use a wireless adapter for connecting to the net. My problem started around 2-3 days before, but I have been using this method for months now. When I log in my pc everything seems fine, I have a decent signal and all. The problem starts when I try to use some programs connected to the internet, like windows live messenger, teamspeak or I try to play world of warcraft. And sometimes simply starting Mozilla is enough for this. When I start any of these programs my connection slows down or in most cases the adapter loses its signal or simply disconnects. In World of Warcraft, when I log in, I have very-very high latency, around 3000-4000 ms, then after 1-2 minutes it disconnects, becouse the adapter loses its signal.
At the mother pc, what hosts the router, there is no problem at all with the connection. I suppose that somehow its connected to the adapter handling of my pc, becouse I also tried a mobile internet adapter, what I use with my notebook, and that also loses its signal when I start these programs. Reseting the adapter or the router doesnt help as well.
I dont know why this started now, I am out of ideas. I would appreciate your help.
Thank you

I assume since your mother has the router right next to her she is either wired in or has much better signal. What is the signal quality that you are getting? You may have to move the antenna around on the PC and router to see where the signal is the strongest. You may also want to change channels on the wireless broadcast - someone in your area could be using the same channel and it could be interfering with the quality.

I realize it may have worked fine for months but the signal isn't like a wired connection which is consistent. Wireless will drop in quality depending on location and the environment.

My wireless router is about 40 feet away in the living room and my office is in the back corner. When i first installed this wireless setup it worked great for about 3 months, 4 out of 5 bars and my download speeds weren't being hindered (5 mb download which is what i'm paying for). All of the sudden out of the blue my signal quality crapped out for about a week. Come to find out I had to move my wireless router around some more to find a better location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom