disconnecting during steam gameplay...timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

homcidalsanwich

Solid State Member
i recently downloaded steam and bought DOD and CS, but i find that after i join a game, after about 5 minutes, every time it lags up severely, as in nothing moving, and says i have timed out and been disconnected, it is amd athlon dual core 2.0 ghz with 1 gig ream and a 256mb geforce 7800 graphics card 80gb maxtor ata HDD. Any thoughts or suggestions??

can you supply some more information on the network you are on. It sounds like it's a network problem (nic maybe?)

Yup sound like a network issue and you are in the right section. Provide us with the brand and model of your router if you do have one, and what type of Internet connection. I've dealt with Linksys router and CS before for a friend and it was a firmware issue, might be the same for you.

currently i am using a belking 4 channel router from an rtl home modem (all hardwired) which is connected to 3 computers all from the same router (the 2 others are not on during gameplay but their signals are still there on the router. it is all hardwired

i am currently using a belkin 4 port router the product numb is f5d5231-4...heres the product page on belkin.com http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=136521

also as a side note i clocked the bandwidth speed, (this is a 1mbps line) it was clocking at 130kbps around, then all of a sudden it would jump every now and again to 900 mbps and then go back down, i also saw connection speed around 270 very commonly in between this bot not as frequently as i was getting speeds areound the 130 area

actually correction...this is very weeired, the bandwidth meter is reading my rate at around 130-270 MEGA BYTES PER SECOND not kbps..but when its reading around 900 it is at kbps so im not sure really whats hgoing on because thats completely unrealistic...what is going on?

one more note as well...beofre i was also having an issue with my ping, when i had the internet set at high cable which is [781kbps??] or something of that nature, i was getting rediculously high ping, sometimes in the thousands, mosly in the hundereds, might that also have something to do with it??.

I'm not sure why you're getting all that crazy mix information about your connection speed, it could be with the website. You can also try giving a call to your ISP to see what's up with the connection and why it's suffering from frequent congestion. I'm pretty sure in CS or any other online game if you lag they will boot you out.

Have you tried updating the firmware on the router? Are you sure it might be the router and have you check to see if it might be your connection instead by connecting directly to the modem and try playing the game?

i tried reinstaling the firmware, restarting it, unplugging the ethernet cord and connecting directly through that (which didnt work for some strange reason) and none of them seemed to have any effect, it keeps happening though, i get disconnected then i wait for a few seconds after the disconnect and it lets me back in, i can do it over and over, but when i get disconnected i can recive data just not send it. it displays the servers pings at 2000 and it seems that my computer is disconnecting or something without me being aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom