Disable Firewall On BEFW11S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesse

Beta member
hey guys, i've spent forever tring to figure out how to disable th firewall, my routers giving me crazy problems

Examples:

Emule, I'll have 15 ++ downloads going, with my router im lucky if 1 of the 15 connected to download at about 2kb/s . as soon i connect direct all of them connect at ALOT higher speeds

Games, i disconnect and lag alot with a router, no lag whatso ever without

MSN, sometimes my msn desides it doesnt wanna recieve the message, and vise versa..i'll say something and the recipient will never hear it and vise versa i dont get their message

(oh and msn takes about 2-3 minutes to connect as compared to 5-10 seconds connect direct)

and i know its not just my computer cause the other computer beside me has simular side effects

any help is greatly appreciated, sorry if this is a topic you experts have to answer over and over due to people like me not searching first, although i found this page through google :S

*edit* both computers are connected to the router through ethernet cable, incase you looked up the model number, im not using the wireless features of this, incase you wonder why, i work at a computer store and was givin this 1 for free*edit*

thats a pretty easy way to just throw the lil guy outta the way, that manual doesnt help much at all

Modem set-up of up to 5.0 Mbps download and 800 Kbps upload

router is 2.4ghz wireless,

Try and update the firmware before you start throwing things away. Often the things are shipped with buggy firmware and need to updated Also, make sure that you get the right version # of the firmware.

yea i tried that method, i went right to linksys page and typed in my model for the firmware, the "newest" firmware is pretty old...i'll just keep messing with it i guess..the things faulty, i got annoyed at it and just conencted directly, then the other day i need both up so i hooked it up EXACTLY how i previously had it and both computers gave me the error message saying "limited or no connectivity" ..maybe the thing is just broken, cause i had it hooked up the same way and it was working, i even ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew after putting the router in restarting both computers, and still both booted up to saying limited or no connectivity

put your PC on the DMZ in the router if you want no firewall

EDIT: Reading your last post, your router defiantly seems screwed.

jesse said:
yea i tried that method, i went right to linksys page and typed in my model for the firmware, the "newest" firmware is pretty old...i'll just keep messing with it i guess..the things faulty, i got annoyed at it and just conencted directly, then the other day i need both up so i hooked it up EXACTLY how i previously had it and both computers gave me the error message saying "limited or no connectivity" ..maybe the thing is just broken, cause i had it hooked up the same way and it was working, i even ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew after putting the router in restarting both computers, and still both booted up to saying limited or no connectivity

You said that you did an IPCONFIG, what was the IP that you got back.
Have you checked to see it the DHCP server is on.
So you have the newest firmware? It is important, even though it may be "old" by your standards firmware updates offer very significant improvements.

i'm just gonna try a different router from my store and see if i get a working router, happy eater weekend everyone (i cant get the dam thing till monday :S)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom