Different data access from different wifi spots

mbaars

Beta member
Hi guys,

I got the following question. I'm in the progress of developing an idea. The idea is a subscription service that gives access to data on via certain wifi spots. So the idea is that you can only access the data via the wifi spots of companies/persons that have a subscription.

I'm in the preliminary phase but i was wondering is this even possible and how does it work (Hope it is narrow enough to be answered).

If somebody wants to explain this please or has any questions send me an email or reply on the post.

Thanks!

Milan

AT&T already does this - access to their WiFi hotspots is included in a lot of their plans. I don't know how profitable it is, but it's something you can look at if you want to implement something similar.

Personally, that's not something I would pay for unless coverage over the entire metropolitan area is guaranteed. I'd rather go with a 4G data plan - you'd get better speed than most Wifi hotspots. Of course, I can only speak for the US; things are probably different in the Netherlands.

Back
Top Bottom