Dial up IP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

developer

Baseband Member
I have a very funny problem.

Its related to Plesk control panel for hosting and some versions of Horde webmail.

I have a dial up connection. When i connect to the internet and try to open the plesk

control panel, i get logged out automatically. Initially i though there was some problem

with IE/firefox/dial up conn setings and tried everything. This problem doesnt come anywhere

else.
Now i even formatted the PC but this problem didnt go away. Then i noticed that this problem

is only on my Plesk Control panels. I have McAfee installed. It shows me a diff IP for

computer, but every time i log on to internet i see a different static IP for my self. I

used McAfee's link to test my firewall. It gave me this message.

The IP address requesting this page is different from the IP address of your computer. This

indicates that your computer is behind a proxy or NAT. These devices allow you to access

the Internet by relaying traffic, typically from multiple computers, through a single IP

address.

As i dont log into a proxy server, i believe this static IP is provided by my ISP and as a

result i am being logged out. My webmail used to give me the message that your IP address

has changed since your last login, therefore you need to relogin. I am logged out as soon as

log in. Does anyone have any idea how i can correct this or this can be done only through my

ISP.
I use the same internet conn on my mobile device. I have the same problem on my mobile

device too, there fore showing its a connection related problem.

I have the same problem at this site too. It takes me 10-15 attempts to post a single reply.

your isp prolly has you connecting to their proxy for faster access to cached pages.

you should have a different ip each time you connect to the inet.

when you say it logs you out automatically, do you mean it drops the inet connection or just asks you to login again?

try from another machine to see if its a config issue.

It asks me to relogin. I know that by now for sure that my ISP makes me proxy. Its works on the same machine with a different internet connection.

I want to knw if someone here can suggest how i can get around this? Is there a way by which i can avoid this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom