Dial-up Adaptor Not Recognised

Status
Not open for further replies.

lacfadio

Beta member
I recently got a cable modem from tiscali.fr
my flatmates computer works fine with the connection.

I have the following problem which prevents me getting on the internet.
The modem works correctly, both lights on it are green and the Saga Modem
(it is a Saga 800-840) shows a green light in the task icon bar.
However, when I try to connect, I receive the following message:
Error 650. And an explanation that my server type maybe configured
incorrectly.
I have already attempted to do the following things:
re-install the modem.
re-install the dial-up connection.
uninstall dial-up networking from windows (i am using windows me) and then
reinstall it.
checked that the dial-up adaptor and the TCP-IP are configured correctly.
Check my network settings.
None of these things solve the problem, and tiscali, in their wonderful french way, refuse to help. any idea what the problem might be?

Joshua

can we get the exact error?

if i remember correctly the server type setting for a dial up connection is located by opening dial up connections, right click the connection, click properties, i think its on the second tab. You should prolly review any ISP documentation you have.

i wish i knew

after i attempt to connect I get the error message. however, the server type menu is not in dial up networking. i wish i knew the nature of the error. the hardware works fine, it simply seems that dial-up networking in windows me cannot recognise a remote connection, as in a connection to a modem through a dial-up adaptor, and constantly tries to make it into a modem.

from http://www.ebhasin.com/bonline/errors.htm#650

Error 650 Modem not responding (The computer you are dialing in to does not respond to a network request check your server..)
Control Panel, Add & Remove Programs, Windows Setup. Double-click Communications, Uncheck Dial-Up Networking, click APPLY. Don't restart. Go right back in and put the check back in the box next the Dial-Up Networking, click Apply, and still, do not restart! In Control Panel, double-click Network and add any of the following three that are missing: Dial-up Adapter, (scroll down to Microsoft on the list of manufacturers), TCP/IP and Client for Microsoft Networks. Then Restart and try to connect. If your machine's been on a long time, try turning it off for a whole minute

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom