dhcp problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try giving static ip to computer(if u dont move it out of ur network or if u dont connect it to any other network). Let the ip be 192.168.2.50

uh.. something diff. seems to be the reason... i tried all that, and gave up, so i formatted the pc, reinstalled xp... all ok from there... (all this without plug it into the network) and well finally i was installing Office 2003 and in the middle it froze, just like it happened be4... at that momment i thot... maybe its the office, so i took another of my office 2003 cds (i have 2... both original) and after restarting proceeded to install office gain... it ended normally...

so at this point it only froze when i was setting up office.. can it be that the cd i was installing it was defective somehow?

this problem has gone beyond my reach... who knows whats going on in there

If it's locking the whole machine up, then here's a little tid bit that helped me once; I had a machine that kept freezing up randomly, without warning. Tried everything, formatting all the way to buying a new hdd. Found out after about a week, it was the power supply. The computer wasn't getting enough juice, and would lock up. Not sure if this would help, but it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom