Dhcp leasing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kloppstock

Baseband Member
I have a problem with my Internet and computer
i loose my connection to internet for short intevalls after some random time online, all file-sharing and net browsing goes down at the same time..and then wakes to life again after a half minute

I have saved my router event logg, and i know exactley whath the problem is
..but i just don't know what is causing it
As you can see here my router seems to be periodically deleting the WAN IP address leaving me offline for 30 seconds to a minute before it leases a new IP

18:22:04 (since last boot) DHCC IP address 87.227.102.174 deleted: ok

18:22:35 (since last boot) DHCC IP address 87.227.102.174 (255.255.255.0) set on intf Internet: ok

I allso cauth this smooth criminal in Wireshark, looks like this, ICMP Protocol all of a sudden (see the attachment pic down below over this view)

the problem is..that im not bright enough to understand how to use sniffer
softwares in deep and accually understand how to track after additional info ore sett up optimal settings

I have confronted my ISP about the overall problematic, thei say thath thei can't see any problems on their side and have no heard complaints of anything similar.
and heres a wery important thing to know!

This ISP i have currentley..i have only hade them 1 month now.
AND with my previous ISP this problem has looked exactley the same as now..for 1 year now (and i switched ISP just to get ridd of this i thauth)
and...i got this computer...yes...1 year ago:mad:
so i think you know what i mean

with my old computer this was not a problem, and i didnt even have a router back then..just a standard modem with a dynamic IP
now i have a router with a permanet IP (if i understand it right)
and there is absolutley no change anyway..so i can altaeast after alot of research exclude all forms of possible differences in IP adresses ore ISP relatad problems, router settings
I have tried to reinstall both TCP and the Winsock Stack without effect

so what is left then?
this computer...everyone stand and point at it
something unknown makes my specific computer to force "DHCC leasing"
some form of stealth settings perhaps? some form of conflicting software?
(no spyware!)
i can never say im 100 % on anything om saying..but every everything points towards this seens i have tested so mutch allready in this efforts

I have a speedtouch 780 WL router (and thei say i dont need to update this Firmware)

I have Windows XP Home Edition SP2 (with thath connection limit optimizer patch installed)

Motherboard - ASUS P5WD2-Premium (Updated)

A new network card

Intel Chipset 955x Express Chipset (Updated to latest IU)
Memory controller:82955X

Intel P4 3400 MHz 2 Gb Ram

I can post even moore computer if you would require it?

If anyone here is familiar with my computer modell, specifications ore if you understand how to track any Network Sniffer loggs in deep, i ask you to please help me in any way

Regards/Kloppstock

Attachments

• Test Primär.gif
    Test Primär.gif
    26 KB · Views: 626
  • FullScreen.gif
    FullScreen.gif
    24 KB · Views: 651
If your router is losing the WAN IP address, I wouldn't suspect that the computer is at fault. Do you have another router you can try to use? If not, make sure there aren't any settings in the router that would cause it to try an get a different IP address everytime it has trouble. If there is nothing, then I woud suspect a bad piece of hardware, needs replacement or maybe firmware upgrade.

If your router is losing the WAN IP address, I wouldn't suspect that the computer is at fault. Do you have another router you can try to use? If not, make sure there aren't any settings in the router that would cause it to try an get a different IP address everytime it has trouble. If there is nothing, then I woud suspect a bad piece of hardware, needs replacement or maybe firmware upgrade.

I dont have any moore routers..but i do have another none router modem..and thaths the one from my prevous ISP..and the problem whas the same then with that modem on this computer, so i strongly doubt it will do any effect, and it whas a 0.5 Mbit..now i have 28 Mbit
it can't be the router who are this problem here

I asked my ISP about firmware upgrade..and thei said i dont need any upgrades for Speedtouch 780 WL Swedish version

think i must stick to believe thath some software, application ore something like thath is causing this :(
do you believe its possible to track moore info about this error code in sniffer programs?

Is this DSL or cable internet?? Have you contacted the ISP to have them test the PHYSICAL line to ensure there aren't errors on the line that can cause this?

Is this DSL or cable internet?? Have you contacted the ISP to have them test the PHYSICAL line to ensure there aren't errors on the line that can cause this?

I have 28 Mbit ADSL..throu phoneline..(have no disturbing equitment in the phone jack)

yes i have contacted them
and thei say thei cant see any errors..
thei say thei have never heard of any similar complaints and that this must be my computer who are the troublesourche

but i dont know how long and what thei can see offcorse? the health of the telephone line thath comes outside into our house..can thei see thath?
but we have not experience any troubles with our phones in my house thou
but i have not asked them directley to "PHYSICAL test the phoneline" but i guess thei must have done it seens thei promised thei didnt have any errors...but perhaps i can ask

Did they not give you a special filter to attach to the phone jack to plug the DSL modem into?

If they say they tested it, and no errors, in addition to having no problems with phone calls, I would suspect that the line itself is good.

If you suspect it is still your PC, try this.... Log into the router config page, CLEAR the log, the disconnect your PC from the router for a few hours. After whatever amount of time, connect back to the router, and check the log, see if it does the same thing with the computer unplugged.

Did they not give you a special filter to attach to the phone jack to plug the DSL modem into?

If they say they tested it, and no errors, in addition to having no problems with phone calls, I would suspect that the line itself is good.

If you suspect it is still your PC, try this.... Log into the router config page, CLEAR the log, the disconnect your PC from the router for a few hours. After whatever amount of time, connect back to the router, and check the log, see if it does the same thing with the computer unplugged.

Yes thei gave me a filter and its attached to my first phone-line

OK im gonna try thath method tommorow, stay tuned:)

We can't see anything on the pictures you attached, please upload them to a file server like photobucket.com so we can have a larger view.

And if you have a static IP from the ISP, I suggest you manually set that IP on the WAN interface for your router instead of using DHCP. I would assumed your ISP has setup DHCP reservation if your router WAN interface is setup that way, it will still receive the same IP. If you don't understand DHCP reservation, basically it's just manually assigning an IP address to a specific MAC address. It's just a simple approach the ISP use for their customers.

We can't see anything on the pictures you attached, please upload them to a file server like photobucket.com so we can have a larger view.

And if you have a static IP from the ISP, I suggest you manually set that IP on the WAN interface for your router instead of using DHCP. I would assumed your ISP has setup DHCP reservation if your router WAN interface is setup that way, it will still receive the same IP. If you don't understand DHCP reservation, basically it's just manually assigning an IP address to a specific MAC address. It's just a simple approach the ISP use for their customers.
Here comes the pictures again..in bigger size i hope

(look for maximize image in the right corner:)

My router
Port Forwarding for the Thomson/Alcatel SpeedTouch 780

Hm..what i know is thath thei atleast gave me a permanent IP(=Static??)

But i was allso forced to create a static IP myself with Win XP for it to be able to accept incomming TCP connection from file-sharing applications..so thath is what i use now

to be honest im a complete tech idiot, but here is a screenshot over my router settings

but undoubtable it seems like i have DHCP yes?..im gonna need exact instructions how i manually set that IP on WAN interface

would be wery greatfull for thath

Hey Dragon..i have tested your method now

my log reamined blank during this hours

so the answer is no..the same thing didnt happend..but allso..if there is my computer who are messing..perhaps the trigger must have internet online first to be able to crash it later

im thinking about..Password for the network?...if its possible? (none wireless)this unvited guest whoever hi his..a program a human.will not have acces to affect the webb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom