Delete administrator acct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
How do I dele the admin. acct on my dell desktop PC? I've got another acct. on it w/ admin. privleges, but can't figure out how to dele the admin acct. Thanks!

yeah thats what i did and I can't see how to dele it. I deleted the one on my laptop, but I dont remember if it was actually called admin or not.

Why do you want to delete the admin account? you could just make it not appear in the log-in screen.

No reason other than not having it when we sign on. We don't use it, so i figured why not remove it.

bradybnmci said:
Right-Click My Computer Icon,
Select Manage,
Access : Local Users & Groups
Select Administrator : Right Click - Delete

I tried this, but it says it won't let me delete built in accounts.

How can I hide it if I can't delete it?

You can go into the registry and add/delete them i believe.

I cant remember off the top of my head the path, but im sure if u do a little research on the net, im sure you can find it.

as far as I know, the admin account is only visible in the welcome screen when there are no other user accounts(and when you're in safe mode) if there are other accounts, the admin should be hidden.

and if its hidden, it shouldn't be bothering you...

I don't really think you can delete it, and besides, even if you could, that would not be a smart thing to do.

The admin account's main purpose is to be a "back door". should something happen to the other user accounts preventing log-in (or some other drastic issue) theoretically, you can log into the admin account and correct the problem.

Seria said:
as far as I know, the admin account is only visible in the welcome screen when there are no other user accounts(and when you're in safe mode) if there are other accounts, the admin should be hidden.

and if its hidden, it shouldn't be bothering you...

I don't really think you can delete it, and besides, even if you could, that would not be a smart thing to do.

The admin account's main purpose is to be a "back door". should something happen to the other user accounts preventing log-in (or some other drastic issue) theoretically, you can log into the admin account and correct the problem.

I think you hit the nail on the head. I am in safe mode, i'm having problems booting up if it's not in safe mode. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom