Data Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
I was wondering if anyone has done any kind of data stream through ports?

I'm not really sure what "data stream" is, but this is how this one guy explained it: you have data continuously being fed to one of you ports and you take that information and manipulate it...

How can I set up a data stream on my PC?

edit: so I would need a source of the data stream and I would be receiving the data... anyone have any ideas?

depends what kind of data you're talking about, and what type of port.
I.E I built a remote control, basically sends a wireless signal from the control to a receiver, which is connected to a pic. The pic sends the data it receives to the RX pin on the serial port on the computer. I coded the pic using C++.

A data stream is just a 'stream' or 'long line' of data. What that data is depends on what you're sending. E.g I was just sending ascii characters, then assigning them shortcuts in media player classic.

If you need more help, you'd need to be a little more specific in terms of WHAT exactly you're trying to do. Or what you WANT to try to do.

Stream and datagram are the two main connection styles for all sockets (which could be over a network or it could be local). This is something which the application does as part of it's programming, you don't need to do anything.

Hey guys,

I just want to see how data stream works. I'll be happy with getting some kind of data stream to a port on my computer and then manipulating the incoming data with C++... (I'll be happy with just reading the incoming stream with C++ and outputting it to a text file).

Is there something like this I can do on my PC? Which libraries in C++ would you use for this?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom