dail up connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

foster

Beta member
Hi all

I am new here, & I hope I got my answer

I have a computer with 80 GB full of files

now if any one call my home phone line the computer will answer the call ..

The caller is now connected to my machine .. but he can't do any download for that files ..

I am using Windows XP

can any one help me

thanks

What software are you using on the two PCs in order to allow this dial-up connection?

-Mike

any windows platrfom

As I said I am using Win XP that I configuer to accept the incoming calls ..

& the other end could be using Win 98 or Win ME

they connect very well the speed is okey 45.00 kps ..

but the clint Win 98 or Win ME .. can't see the Drive D 80GB of Win XP //

I already share that drive & let every one have the access to it ..

should i manually configure the DNS or WINS .. pls chk

What should I do

file sharing does not work that way. sharing within a local network is different than a wide network. to share files over the internet it would be better to setup an ftp server or http server. it would be even better if you could burn the data to cd or dvd and send to him by snail mail. actually snail mail may be faster than your dialup. you can oly upload at half your download speed with dialup i think, super slow.

please

The point here that I don't want to connect to the internet !!

my machine will be stand alone . & if any one want my file he will call my home phone # (by his computer he will make a dail up connection direct to my computer)

what is the solution .. pls

the best way to accomplish this is possibly (VPN) virtual private network which is a feature of winxP. use help & support to learn more info. also you could use remote control software like pcAnywhere or RADmin. pcAnywhere is easy to set up and version 10.5 cost $10. another way is setting up FTP server with bulletFTP or servU FTP.

all of which require an internet connection . when your friend connects to your machine it will be encrypted and secure. there is no other way to share files remotely without an internet connection that i know of.

I learn something

I really thank you so much for your reply

& now I know ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom