Dail-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
Hello folks

I have a dail-up connection now and have never had one before , was wandering if someone could give me the address of a web site where i could get so tweaking tips.

Thanks Much
harley

You seriously need to upgrade. Where are you living? USA? UK? Either of those places should offer DSL for the same price as dial-up.

^^ agreed, but he might not have it in his area as was the case for me for a long time, and satellite is just too expensive

^^ agreed, but he might not have it in his area as was the case for me for a long time, and satellite is just too expensive

And crappy.
I hate my satelite...I thought playing games on dial up was bad, wow....1500 ping on satelite.. only 450 on dial up.

yeahhhh... :(

some people have no clue....the ones who think everyone have access to broadband, lol

I live in the country and have no broadband...my sister lives further than me from the city but has broadband because she lives in a suburb. They would invest money in laying down lines for broadband. They would not where I live because the density is not high enough.

Not everyone can get broadband. AND, sadly, more of you have a misinformed view of it than you realize. Take for example, a big advanced country like the US has less broadband coverage than a smaller less advanced country. Why? Because the telecoms want to rape your wallets, and if they can't, they just won't do it.

U.S. lags in broadband penetration rankings - Internet - BizReport
U.S. Drops Broadband Rank - GigaOM
U.S. Falls Further Behind In Global Broadband Penetration -- Broadband -- InformationWeek

So the next time you make a statement like, he's from the north pole, or the congo, or some hut in africa....chances are those places have more broadband coverage and access than the US.

:p
edu-maca-tion folks....edumacation
:D
spoiled brats, hehe

EDIT: oh and I have dialup at home...no real way to optimize it I believe. Only difference if you have "dirty" lines or not, static or interference, etc. It doesn't help when so many sites now think everyone should be on broadband and have 5 megabyte home pages. Good thing these forums are mostly text...except those annoyingly huge banners/avatars some people have :p

Try states like texas, where there is LOTS of rural areas. My parents can only get dial up, and then its only a 28k connection due to the crappy phone lines. Not everyone lives in a city next to a cable/dsl hub.

Ya get a clue guys.

My dial up speed was 26.6kbps.. my only other option was Sattelite which I have had for 2 years...... Better then dial-up but the price blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom