D-Link Wireless Ad-Hoc Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manix

Solid State Member
Hey all,

I have recently bought and set up two D-Link DWL-510 wireless cards, they were working perfectly when one day they suddenly stopped working. It kept connecting to the other computer then sayig there was no network available and then it would say connected and so on. Also when I select the status (in the few seconds it is connected) it says invalid IP address and has it set at 0.0.0.0. So anybody had this problem or does anybody have a solutions.

Thanks.

Jack.

change the IP Address to 192.168.1.1 that is the most frequently used address' for switches, you might want to make it 192.168.2.1 or .0.1 since it is a widly used number.

Hi,

I have tried that and it picks up the network but you can't access the shared drives or the internet access. I think it it something to do with DCHP client. How would I go about reseting this?

log into the router then there should be some settings there, to log into the router try the IP address from internet explorer

My work had a problem similar to this. It wasn't an Ad-Hoc network, but for some reason the DHCP server wouldn't give out addresses anymore. I ended up turning off DHCP and giving everybody static IP's, and that solved the problem. I still don't know what caused the DHCP server to start doing that.

Hey guys, RESULT!

The connection is now going and I can access the other computer over the network. The only other problem is that I can't access the internet. It is set to be a shared internet but the other computer isn't picking it up. When I use ICS it justs sets all the ip's and subnets wrong. How do I go about doing this manually. It is a DSL connection and the other computer is connecting through the computer with the internet connection.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom