D-Link + VoIP + Xbox Live 360 = Problems? Can't Join Parties or Private Chat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocket1406

In Runtime
Hi. We've followed PortForward.com - Free Help Setting up Your Router or Firewall exactly, using 192.168.0.101 as our Private IP in the Router Settings and for the Xbox.

NAT is OPEN when we Test Connection.

However, we cannot Private Chat on the 360 Dashboard or Join Other People's Parties in Halo 2.

DMZ of .101 was also tried and still same problems.

D-Link 524 Router, VoIP Ethernet / Phone Adapter thing, Wireless 360 thing, and an Xbox 360 is what we have.

Anyone know of how to fix this, and if not, who should I speak with?

All I can tell you right now is DLINK doesn't cooperate very well with the 360. I have a 614+, had to throw a Linksys WRT54G first in line and create 2 access points. One for my PC's and the other for my 360, now it works like a charm. My DLINK wouldn't work with the 360 period. It sucked actually.

I'll post again after thinking about your question to see if I can help!

Make sure router is set to DHCP and gives your 360 an IP address. If NAT is open and everything is confirmed then that's a very good sign that you're on the right track. If you can play games online fine, but just can't private chat or whatever...it may be a dlink specific thing. Look on xbox forums and search for your router's problems. I bet you will find a ton about them. I found quite a few about DLINK and chat issues, alongside various other stuff. Double-check there and perhaps post there, the guys who are experiencing same issues as you can probably help real quick. They did for me.

You said you are using an IP address of 192.168.1.101 for port forwarding..... The only problem I see with this is that the D-Link default IP address is 192.168.0.1, where as LINKSYS is 192.168.1.1.

Are you assigning the X-Box a STATIC IP address? What is the IP address of the D-Link router. (the address you type into the address bar to get to the config page.) You can also open a command prompt on a host using DHCP and do an 'IPCONFIG'. This will give you the Default Gateway, which is the Router's LAN IP address.

Ethereal, I meant 0.101 good catch.

Also, I gave the Xbox 101.

But my IP is DYNAMIC , not STATIC. Is that a problem?

What IP is dynamic, the routers? That doesn't matter, that just means that's the address your ISP gives you and is pretty much defaulted to be dynamic and that's ordinary. The router shouldn't be static.

Yes, as Boys pointed out, most of the time your ISP connect will be dynamic, which will not be an issue, unless it changes often and someone is trying to reach your public ip address. The LAN side of the router should remain static at 192.168.0.1 (or whatever you set it to... in my case, my router is set to 10.10.5.25, and allows for only 5 other usable IP addresses, 1 for the laptop, 1 for my gaming rig, 1 for the PS2, 1 for the media rig which is dead right now, and 1 for my NAS box).

Now, I am not at all familiar with Xbox 360, so forgive any errors on my part here....

From what I saw at the port forward site,
X-box Live 360 needs ports 88 & 3074 enabled in the virtual server...
X-box 360 media center needs ports 1900, 3390, 3776, 3932, 5555, & 7777 enabled in the virtual server.

I didn't see anything specifically for X-box live VOIP....

Yes port forwards are a must on DLINK and Linksys apparently for the 360.

I setup port 88, 3074 and 2074 (per someone else's advice). Also I had DMZ enabled to allow for 192.168.1.100 (my 360 IP address)

Like I said before, if the only problems you're having are chat and smaller things, check on the xbox forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom