D-link router setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

heguru

In Runtime
Hi,

I bought D-link router. (It says 802.11g/2.4 Ghz on it) I don't know what it is.

I bought it along with a laptop as shop person told me that I can use d-link between my adsl modem and CPU to make adsl wireless in the house.

I did connected it correctly. (Using Windows xp on both PC and laptop)

CPU to d-link > d-link to back of modem, AC adapter to the power line. They said if everything correct small lights flases infront of d-link. Yes I saw those lights flashing.

But d-link wizard on the PC (Which told step by step user guide to setup) telling me router is not identified. What I am doing wrong?

I am not in US to call them. I bought this d-link in Miami when I went there.

Any useful tips??

thanks, heg

Where are you now? You bought an USA wireless product therefore the Country / Region is set by default to USA. Every country or region have thier own range of Channel / Frequency that you must change on the router..... if you could connect to it's configuration page that is.

You get what I'm saying?

Right click on your wireless network card and select "View Available Wireless network" If the D-Link is at factory default you should see it listed there, click connect if you already haven't. Then open up command prompt type ipconfig /all to see if you get an IP address. Take note of the default gateway this will be the address you use to connect to the router configuration page.

So open up a webrowser (IE) and type in that IP address (default gateway). See if you can get into the configuration page.

I beleive the default IP of the router is 192.168.0.1 but not too sure.

I have 'netword and internet connections' in my control panel > if I click it I see 'setup a wireless network for home or office'. If I click it , a wizard is opening up > two options 1. Use USB flash drive 2. setup network manually.

Don't know what to do here.

thanks, heg

Just to make sure that your router is hooked up correctly, it should look like this:

Modem --> "uplink " port on the router (this will be the network port that is by itself).

Compter --> to any of the other ports.

Open your internet browser and go to this address:
192.168.1.1 (this is a local address for your router).
I think for D-Link the default password is 'admin' and Login name is 'admin' without the quotes.

In the top left corner there should be the model number come back and tell us, we may be able to help more if we know what model it is.

In the manual, you will find that the D-Link DEFAULT IP address is 192.168.0.1

D-Link is different that Belkin & Linksys, which use the 192.168.1.1

I just set up a d-link a few days ago, and it was 192.168.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom