D-link resets every time I re-boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

Yee Ol' Salt
My D-link router resets the wireless network every time I reboot my computer..

Why does it matter that my computer is on for any PC using wireless to gain access to the network?

My computer is the main PC on the network but not the only one.. I do lot's of different work on my pc and have multi operating systems that I work in..

should I do the D-link router settings on a different PC on the network?

Have you checked for firmware updates for your router? Have you tried a hard reset on the router?

A computer's settings or power state should have nothing to do with a router. How do you know it's resetting every time you reboot?

Well every time It does go out.. (maybe it resets it's self) when I open the router in my browser (192.0.0) I enter in the admin page go into wireless settings and just hit save.. and it works again.

The settings consist of 1. network name.. here is a pic to be more precise..

34zk18x.png

is there a setting here that maybe is causeing it?

thanks again fella's

the signal gets reset some how, I thought it may be when rebooting but maybe not.. I may have reset the power to the dlink which may have in turn reset the signal..

thanks for the help tho. :D

well.. I was wrong.. it reset it's self with out turning the router off.. I thought I may have reset it by turning the power off.. guess that isn't it..

it just resets it's self randomly.. I have to keep loging in to the admin panel once a day and hit save.. lol..

this is a brand new router..less than 6 months..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom