D-Link 604

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brain

Baseband Member
Hi everyone,
I am having a proble with a DLINK 604 router. Basically the router is having serious problems with assigning DHCP, and accepting connections from the WAN. The hard reset does not reset the router because the firmware has gotten corrupted somehow. When I assign myself a static ip of 192.168.0.99, I am able to connect to the router (192.168.0.1). The page that shows up is a page that asks for the location of the firmware. I have downloaded the latest firmware BIN file, but when I try to upload it, it ends up going to a page cannot be displayed. I have tried saving the BIN file on the root of the C drive, on a floppy, and USB key, and also tried from multiple computers. It seems as though the router just does not want to accept the firmware. Any suggestions?

does the router ever reset itself? if yes, then the router completed the flash.

problems assigning dhcp and accepting WAN connections, what happens? what do you do? what does the equiptment do?

The router just doesnt assign an IP, my computer detects the presense of the connection, but the IP just stays at 0.0.0.0. Obviously the router is non functional since the page displayed when connecting to the router is a prompt to enter the path for the firmware. The firmware does not take. The device never restarta. The Internet browser looks like its uploading the firmware, but like I mentioned, just goes to a page cannot be displayed. Also, after the attempt to load the firmware, the computer isnt able to connect to the router anymore, I need to restart the router to beging another session. It just seems as though the router doesnt take the firmware update. Also, if it helps, its the 604 Canadian Model, and on the numbers on the botton it has the E3 H/W number. Thanks again

I dont know why you are trying to fix this stuff. You should take it back under warranty and get it replaced.

If it's not under warranty, it's a 20$ router so chuck it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom