Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
I'm very new at networking

SO here is what I did.....
I installed windows XP this morning
then I plugged in the DSL cable in the LAN port ov my laptop
I installed Counterstrike and began to look for servers.........Buh it doesn't show any!!!!

then I turned off the windows firewall......buh still no luck
then, while searching for servers the last time I minimized the game buh the network icons in the taskbar showed no activity

WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON???What am I missing???:confused:

Can any one help me??

Ya...............I can connect to the internet and browse websites. So why wouldn't CS run????

Is Steam allowed through the Firewall? Before you make a comment saying that it didnt work even with the Windows Firewall turned off you should know that even by selecting Disable in the Security Center for the Windows Firewall does not totally disable it. Which is why i asked if it was allowed through the firewall.

My CS is a Non-Steam version......dunno what that means though. And how else can I turn off my firewall completely??? I also ran HALO yesterday but got the same result. there just isn't any server list in the multiplayer tab:eek:......What am I supposed to do now??

Are you sure that those games still have people playing on servers? Have to ask since they are really old games. Maybe teh CS needs the steam to play?

Have you disabled the firewall in the Services?

Start>run>services.msc

Make sure the firewall is disabled and restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom