crossover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea because they are in different network and the Host computer doesn't have a route for both PS2 to get to the other network and vice-versa for the other PS2 that's why. The easiest way is to get a switch but there's other way to get it working.

1)Switch: Plug the switch into one of the Host PC network card with a straigh-through cable. And then plug both the PS2 into the switch with a straight through cable and you should let the PS2 get the IP automatically and you should be in the same network.

2)Bridge: Go to Control Panel/Network Connection. Highlight both the network card that the PS2's are connected to. Select Advanced on the top menu and select Bridge Connection. Try this, but I'm not sure if it will work.

3) Create a static route entry in the Host PC routing table. I can give you the exact step my step if you provide me with the information of the two network card IP information that the PS2 are connected to by going to command prompt and typing ipconfig /all and the routing table of the PC by going to command prompt and type route print .

when i try to bridge them it says: to create a network bridge, you must select at least two LAN or High-Speed Internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing.

Yea I wasn't sure if that was going to work so I guess I know now. So don't do that one.

You can either get a switch and put the two PS2 in the same network or we can try the static route entry for the Host computer's routing table.

i think im gonna go with the switch.

So what i do is use a crossover cable from one of my network adapters to the switch, and then run 1 network cable to the 1st ps2, and the 2nd network cable to the 2nd ps2? do i share the connection to the switch then?

Nah, you don't have to do anything once you setup the host with ICS. And no you can't use a cross-over cable for a switch setup.

Here's how it'll work. You have the 2nd network adapter setup already right? It's IP is 192.168.0.1? Just plug a switch into that network adapter with a straight-through cable. And buy two more straight-through cables for your PS2 and just plug those into the switch.

Following my guide you probably gave one PS2 an IP of 192.168.0.2 and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 with a default gateway of 192.168.0.1 and DNS pointing to your ISP DNS server or the router?

Well for the second PS2 you just do the same but give it an IP address of 192.168.0.3 so that it doens't conflict with the first PS2.

ISP modem-----Router===wireless connection==Host PC-----Switch-----two PS2

Tips:
How to tell if the cables are cross-over or straight-through: Hold the end of the cable side by side.

If the color coordination matches: they are straight-through

If the green and orange switch places: they are cross-over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom