Creating a shared folder on a network (How?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty easy, i think... tho ive only dealt with wired networks...
just try going to My Network Places, and then follow the "Set up a wireless network" wizard... - RK

Both PC's are already connected to the same network, what i mean by that is that they both can access the net. One currently via a cable and the other via a wireless sonnection to the same router.

Thankyou for the link, i will have a look tomorrow as it is now 22:40 and i have work early in the morning but i will post back with how i get on.

Thanks again for your time :)

Hey RK,

I have followed the above guide and now, on the wireless laptop i have the following:

My question(s) now are...

1. What do i need to do on the desktop PC
2. Where would i create the folder that is to be shared between the two PC's?

Thanks again for your assistance RK!

Attachments

• Sharing1.JPG
    Sharing1.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 33
The process for setting up a netowrk has to done on both PC's. So what you did on the laptop has to be done on the desktop as well. Make sure that you use the same network name on both systems or they will not see each other.

After you get the PC's to see each other you will just go to Network Places and click on the other PC. It will ask for a logon so do that. Then you will see what it has to share. From there jsut use that PC and right click on the folder you wish to share. It should show you the Share option after you right click on the folder. IF not then choose properties and under that you should see the sharing tab which should allow for you to share any folder you wish.

Ahh i see, so i setup exactly the same as i have done on the laptop. No problem, will have a crack at that today.

Will post back later on today (GMT!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom