Couple Wanna Share internet and Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

real_in

In Runtime
hi forum !!

WEll from my post u will surely judge that me is a n00b @ networking.. but guyzz i can do lotsa things by asking u guyzz.. :) thanks for helping everytime.. so my issue this time is..

that i want to connect two computer lemme name them A and B

'A' has internet access through a cable(DSL), so it occupies one LAN card right?

Now 'B' wants to share its files with 'A' as well as internet.. So lemme know how do i connect..

Ya first & the best solution is Cross wire.. Okk i will do that... but then what Ipz do i need to assign to A and B cause I will Have to plug one MOre NIC to A .. what i think is ..

I will Put a second NIC in 'A' and through which i will connect a crossover cable to 'B' and then i will assing Ip to 'A' as 192.168.0.4 subnet as 255.255.255.0 and gate way 192.168.0.1

and in 'B' it will go like this IP as 192.168.0.5 subnet as 255.255.255.0 and gate way 192.168.0.1

Then i really don't know which protocols are necessary to share internet and even Files.. please mention them.. one universal is Tcp/Ip that i know :D

and also to add more both Pcz have windows XP sp2 installed on them :)

thanks in advance..

Please mention allthe settings and issues..

rilly rilly thanks a lot

reagrds
Realin!

What you need to do is get a router. Plug the Internet into the router, then both computers into the router as well.

It'll look something like this.

I don't think a computer can have 2 IP's at once and connect to both networks at the same time. I think you'll have to get a router. But wait to see what others think.

well i had asked someone.. he suggested that putting a crosswire is the solution if I donn wanna invest into a router.. also he gave me a point to share internet, asked me to disable windows firewall and asked to share the internet by allowing remote computer to access.. i am attaching the screenshot from where we gonna click on taht..

Attachments

• prop.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 28
Routers are cheap as dirt as you can easily find some model's for 20$ USD. You can do it with a PC with ICS enabled, but this is hard and a major headache.

I've experimented with ICS and the comupter that is in the end getting the internet (not the one sharing it) always has very slow internet. And I couldn't get the 2 computers to network together so since you wanted to network, I didn't bring up that idea earlier.

hmm.. thanks for ur advice guyzz.. it is really helpfull i surely gonna wait for some more replies if any else gonna Hook them both with a router :)

thanks a lot

If they're both and the same network, right click on the folder you want to share and click "Sharing and Security" then yeah just share it and on the other computer click on ZMy network places and it should be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom