Could Use Some Advice from a Tech Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAMCC

Beta member
Hello all. My name is Ken and I am a volunteer for a nonprofit organization's web committee. My knowledge is intermediate but I am stumped and frustrated so I have come here for some advice. Here is our issue.

Approximately ten days ago members of our organization started having intermittent problems accessing our website and vBulletin forum. Eight days ago those problems not only went widespread, the site has been completely down for many of us for the last eight days. When we alerted our hosting provider, we were told it was an internet problem with private domain servers and that changes were made and that the issues would go away as "propogating" occurred. We were told this was a widespread problem. I have found nothing on the 'net mentioning this. Our provider leases their space from The Planet.

We have been reasonably patient but we are getting very frustrated because our host seems nonchalant about the issue. Who accepts their website being down for eight days? Its bordering on ridiculous now. Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Are we really handcuffed and have to wait this out any longer?

Edit: Our site is at www.uamcc.org We do have some members that can get on the site.

The site is really slow, and the registration page isn't encrypted. I'd say you need both a new web developer and a new hosting company.

Unfortunately, they are one in the same. I finally got back on to the site and it is running at full speed for me.

The registration page not being encrypted.. something we should be worrying about?

Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate you looking at it.

All security and privacy experts would tell people to never enter personal information on a web page that doesn't use encryption.

+1 for the secure registration.
As well, I'd start playing some hardball with your host and start to look for some perks or reimbursement from this. Threatening to leave is always useful if they don't offer anything.
8 days down is a joke and I would be fired if I did this.

Thanks, gents. Sorry to into myself with a problem, I admin the UAMCC forum and I know that kind of intro can be annoying. I appreciate the help greatly. :thumbsup:

PS: This skin/theme rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom