Correlation between binary and digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
My computer teacher asked me today what the correlation between them are and it's been bugging me all day...

I understand that both deal with 0s and 1s but i was wondering what correlation in description of their pattern that they have. If possible please give a detailed explanation
THANKYOU

Digital means a signal transmitted as sequences of something turned on, or off. In computers this is 0 (off) or 1 (on).

Hopefully that helps, someone else may be able to give a better answer.

Binary is a numeric system, comprised totally of 1's and 0's.
Digital is a method of sending data, encoding it as 'high' and 'low' pulses, i.e. as 1's and 0's.

The correlation between them is that they both work on the same "on or off" "1 or 0" "high or low" system

The association between digital and binary is that they both involve discrete values. The binary system uses only two distinct digits (i.e. discrete values), and a digital system employs discrete values that are distinct. In contrast, an analogue system involves continuous values.

Note that a digital system does not necessarily imply the use of a binary system. For example, the abacus or Morse code are considered digital systems, because they employ discrete values. However, since data is most commonly stored and processed in binary form in computing today, a most consider a digital system as one which uses the binary system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom