controlin logon account

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaingsokheng

Baseband Member
hello!

could you help me please? i want to set an user account who can only log on to computers that I want, others computer can not use that account log on.
pls help me, i am looking forward to seeing you reply!

thanks!
heng

hello!
i mean i want the specific account log in to the specific computer.
example: user A can log only computer A on, can not log other computer on.
ok if still need more info pls tell i will try my best to tell.
thank!
heng

im sorry, im finding it hard to follow.

do you mean like multiple user accounts for one computer, and that all users can't go on any one they want? only the ones that are theirs?

yes, if thats what u mean, it is quite simple.

start >control panel > user accounts > from there you will see the options, you can create as many accounts as you want, you can put limitations on what they can do, you can also put passwords on the accounts for not everyone can use them.

If this is on a domain you will have to set up a GPO for that user account restricting where he can log in. Otherwise just don't set up a user account on the PC's you don't want him to use.

Hello Heng,

As stated you will have to create a local profile for the user on teh PC you want them to logon to. This will only allow them access to this PC. If you have created a roaming profile for them to use on a network then you will have to do what Dave said and use a Group Policy to limit them to only the PC you want them ot use.

But in all honesty if they are only going to be allowed to use 1 PC it would be better to have the profile stored locally than on the network as there is no need to have it on the network for a single user on a single PC.

Cheers,
Mak

hello all!
Luke:
thank you luke but what you said i already got it.

Dave:
i was so interested in yours and i think it is what i want. So could you pls tell me how to
set up GPO for user account restriction? about "don't setup a user account on the PC's you don't want him to use " how could you do that? because i know that every user
account in domain can log on to every computer in domain right.thank you Dave!

Mak:
thank you a lot mak that you have made good suggestion to me. i have learned it before
but now i also have forgot it. ok i will take a look at it again. thank you again mak that you remind me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom