Consistant Problems accessing Shared objects - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Internet > Computer Networking and Internet Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 01:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Angry Consistant Problems accessing Shared objects

It seems like every morning when the computers boot up in my office, probably about a half hour later no one can access the printers or other shared files anymore. I have turned off standby and hibernate because i originally thought that was the problem, I changed my firewall settings, still no luck. I'm running vista on all computers. And the network always works again when the desktop computer is restarted. (or when the laptop itself is restarted.) What the heck is going on?

Old 10-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Consistant Problems accessing Shared objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfspiderpig View Post
It seems like every morning when the computers boot up in my office, probably about a half hour later no one can access the printers or other shared files anymore. I have turned off standby and hibernate because i originally thought that was the problem, I changed my firewall settings, still no luck. I'm running vista on all computers. And the network always works again when the desktop computer is restarted. (or when the laptop itself is restarted.) What the heck is going on?
wel i would go check the event logs and look for errors related to the print spooler.

when printing stops working go to the pc that shar's the printer and check to see if the print spooler is runing or not. If it is running, restart it. if not start it. in either case i would suspect the print drivers you are using. Try updateing the print drivers .

Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

sorry i didnt notice you had said that file shares dont work either Take a look through you the event viewer and look for errors under the system log and application log around the time it stops working oon both computers.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Smile Re: Consistant Problems accessing Shared objects

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob442 View Post
sorry i didnt notice you had said that file shares dont work either Take a look through you the event viewer and look for errors under the system log and application log around the time it stops working oon both computers.

Thank you so much! I did what you said and it seems that i've fixed it for the time being. =)
Old 10-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfspiderpig View Post
Thank you so much! I did what you said and it seems that i've fixed it for the time being. =)
No problem, glad i could help.