connects to access point but not internet..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cblghtning7

Beta member
Hey guys,
Im just a new guy here but im hoping you could help me out.
I seem to be having a problem with my wireless adapter and/or ip address. When i try to connect it says connected to access point-but internet not found. I just got the new verizon fiber optics and i had it up and running on all computers and still running on 2 of the three, but i put a different wireless adaptor in replacing my usb one but then i got the error. Before putting the new one in I unistalled the old drivers and installed the new ones, and then after shutting down i put in the new wireless card. After the error came up i replaced the card again unistalling the drivers and replaced the usb, but the error stuck even after a reboot. I then tried the run-cmd-ipconfig/release-and then ipconfig/renew but thats where another error came up it sayed it could not contact the dhcp server.

So that is the base of the problem if you could help me to the best of your ability that would be great. I have been searching the internet for hours and i came to this forum first plz help!

Greatly appreciated.
Cblightning

If it's a USB adapter, try using another USB port. I would assume also that the USB adapter is bad unless you have tried it on another computer. If you can't get through the installation, I don't think it's worth trying to troubleshoot your network yet.

Thanks law for your quick response,

But the usb is not faulty because i replaced it after the fiber optics was installed with a network card(it was not replaced bebause it was broken just for more signal strength). That gave me connection to the access point but could not find the internet. So i then took the card back out and replaced it with the usb wireless adaptor but still no connection so i used the ipconfig command, and the first time i typed it, it only said media state............:media disconnected. The second time it told me:

Connection specific dns suffix.......nothing
autoconfiguration ip address........ xxxxxxxxxx
Subnet mask.................................:255.255.0.0
default gateway............................:nothing

im really getting frustrated because all my other computers are up and running but my favorite is not.

I hope you guy can work off of this.

Regards
Cblightning7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom