connectivity is slow within my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis

Beta member
Hello,

I could use some help. I recently setup a new domain and all the computers on it (about 20) are able to connect to each other but the problem is the time it takes for me to access share folders.(up to one min at times.

I went through and configue the dns and made sure that the permission in my forest is set correctly.

Any Ideas would help!

from http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1017118447

This may help...... When you connect to another computer on the network with Windows XP, it checks for any scheduled tasks on that computer - most people on a home or small network don't use this, but the process can add up to 30 seconds of waiting on the other end. Fortunately, itÂ’s easy to disable, so try this technique: In the registry, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Explorer/RemoteComputer/NameSpace. Below that, there's a key called {D6277990-4C6A-11CF-8D87-00AA0060F5BF}. Delete this key (it'll say 'scheduled tasks' in the right pane), and after reboot, Windows will no longer check for scheduled tasks - major performance improvement! You can copy the key and store it if you'd like, in case you want to re-enable it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom