Connectivity Help

katel

Beta member
Good morning!
I joined this forum in hopes of getting some other ideas or solutions to an issue I've been having at a restaurant I work for.

We have Comcast Business HS Internet. Our server is running SBS2008 at a separate location. For several weeks, our VPN connection to our remote server has been dropping daily, sometimes multiple times per day. The connection can be restored by power cycling the modem.

In most instances, the server access goes, but the internet connection remains.

So far, we have:
Had Comcast install a new modem
Switched out ethernet cables
Installed a new Firewall
Adjusted the SA LIfetime
Edited the AES and IKE policies
Reconfigured the wifi router- just to see
Ran updates to the server

I am out of ideas, short of having Comcast come out and re-cable the building. I am hoping someone here might have some additional things to try.

Thanks for your time!
Kate

If the issue is fixed by power cycling the modem I'd be hesitant to have them re-wire the building.

I wonder if it's some kind of firewall playing here. Does Comcast block/filter any traffic that you could ask them to open (typcially calling and saying you need "traffic for VPN connection type <whatever>" open works) Then what about your internal firewall and the firwall connected to the router? Are both configured to allow a pass-through of the VPN traffic?

Back
Top Bottom