connection problems. help

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdf12

Beta member
my internet connection works fine all day long no problems... but when i load up quake 3.. i can play anywhere from 2 minutes to 3 hours... before my connection will just end and i will have to unplug and plug back in my cable modem and wait for it to start up. i am 100% sure this has to do with the game because it doesn't do it any time else. ive tried re-installing. it does it with the router plugged in and also when my computer is plugged directly to the cable modem. lately its been getting much worse... ill only get 3-4 minutes playing time before my connection to the internet will just end.... i have windows xp, and adelphia powerlink cable service... ive tried it with firewall on and off. the tech support guys at adelphia were no help. this didn't happen when i had a different service provider... why does my service get cut off when i play? is it something to do with the ports? and is there anything i can do?

I say the problem is your ISP. They might have a network utilization watch that terminas a highly active connection temporarily. I know they do that in some places to save bandwidth, but personally I have never seen it in action.
If it worked on a different ISP, then I would say to give their helpdesk another try, but this time be a prick and force them to help you. That is what they are there for.

When you are playing the game does your ping get high or does at stay same? What lights do you have on the mdm when it cuts off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom