Connection problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranberry

Beta member
Hey,

Last night my PC was infected with "PC XP 2008" or something, which resulted in a lot of problems (including continual restarting of my PC). I have managed to remove the problem but now, whenever I start up Internet explorer, my whole PC freezes, whenever I use Google using Firefox another screen opens instead of the link I want. I've tried running AVG Anti-Virus but to no avail as of yet. My Hotmail also refuses to load (Which has a lot of important details in, including college work etc etc)

When trying to get rid of the constant disconnectio, I went to my network settings and changed ticked a box saying and turned on a firewall settings via local area connection which seemed to have sorted this problem, but could this have anything to do with the problem?

Can somebody help me solve this pest?

Thanks

You could try using a less known (but my favorite) internet browser Opera. A clean install of a new program shouldn't have any spyware attached.

Or, my favorite spyware removal tool is Spybot.

Both of these are free.

And make sure you have the newest version of AVG, completely updated.

System restore is the next step, if none of this helps.

And if all else fails, back up all your important data and reformat. Taking a few hours to reinstall everything is by far preferable to living with a slow computer and spyware problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom