Connection Problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoteirocker

Solid State Member
I have a DSL connection that used to run perfectly,but now i can only download at about 100-200KB every 5 seconds. With this of course, all of the videos i try to stream suffer from buffering problems. My web pages are also loading quite slowly. I switched from an SBC browser to Mozilla Firefox about 4 days ago and the problem has been occuring since 2 days ago. I just ran a bandwidth test and it says I'm getting 1.3 Mbps??? Is this a problem with my connection, my new browser, etc. and is there a way to fix it?

When should I use msconfig to change the system configuration utility startup settings?

You should use msconfig to shutdown programs that run in the background, and programs that show up in the system tray that you do not need on startup. When programs load automatically on startup they use valuable system resources and cause your pc to run slower and lockup.

The only programs you really need to have run at startup are firewalls, antivirus programs and if you use a stock market ticker tape program. By using msconfig and turning off startup programs it will free up memory and the processor so you will notice faster speeds and it will help with slow browsing and pc lockups.

click on the link below to watch a video of how to use msconfig.

http://classifieds.classified-adds....isplay_db_button=on&db_id=410&query=retrieval

I think that you have a spyware issue. Try running Adaware or something like it to clean things up a bit. Mindsplitter is right that you can use msconfig but I dont think that is neccessary yet. Run an anti-virus scan as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom