Connection makes computer slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

raverockz

Baseband Member
Hi...a few days ago i signed up for broadband and i bought the BELKIN wireless modem for the computer.
From the day i installed the BELKIN's wireless usb drive for the modem, my cpu usage becomes 100% and the "page file usage history" become more than 350Mb than the "usual" 256MB
But when i plug out my usb drive, the internet shut downs and the 100% becomes 1%-5%{estimated}. And my computer becomes VERY slow that it jams a few times and i have to wait till it "recover"

2 pics which i screenshot to prove it ^_^
only if someone can teach me how to add the pics...
plz... or download the zip file and see ^_^

Sorry, I will not be downloading a .zip file..., and I have deleted it for the safety of our members. Please provide JPEG files for attachment.

Also, don't bump your post after 15 minutes with no response.... It will get attention. The bumps will be deleted.

Can you please provide more information about your computer hardware? what models are you using, are the drivers up to date, have you done virus scan's / spyware scans?

i am not sure what excatly you want?
Could you explain in a more detailed way?
i can only attach 1 pic as shown in the NEW TOPIC
how do i get 2?

if you can only attach 1 pic, then post one pic, and post again to get the second pic in the thread.....

As for the rest of it, have you done a virus scan or a spyware / malware scan on the PC to ensure it isn't something malicious on your PC that is trying to connect to the internet.

What model is this Belkin device that you are using, and have you installed the proper drivers?

here are the pics

Attachments

• before plugging in belkin wireless network connector.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 63
after!

Attachments

• after plugging in belkin wireless network connector.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 62
Ethereal_Dragon said:
if you can only attach 1 pic, then post one pic, and post again to get the second pic in the thread.....

As for the rest of it, have you done a virus scan or a spyware / malware scan on the PC to ensure it isn't something malicious on your PC that is trying to connect to the internet.

What model is this Belkin device that you are using, and have you installed the proper drivers?

its "BELKIN 802.11g-54MBPS"
both the router and the wireless usb connector!
i scanned my computer with Norton Anti-Virus 2006 last updated 31st december 2006.
no virus found!
and yes! i have installed all the proper devices

Sorry, but "BELKIN 802.11g-54MBPS" is not the model of the router or adaptor.... 802.11g is the wireless standard for 54 Mbps wireless speed....

Belkin F5D7230-4 would be an example of a model number....

Lastly, those screen shots can't really tell us anything... have you checked the PROCESSES tab to see which specific process is using all of the CPU power.... Do you have Folding@home or another CPU intensive piece of software installed that might be causing this?

i'll get thepictures of the processes and the USB plus the router
also the model number
{SOON}
okay?
i'll ready them.

what do u mean by folding@home?
what is it?
sorry i'm not that techie

after plugging the usb

hi!
i've got the pics and the model no.
model no for the bigger one:F5D7230-4