Connection issues

swmario383

Solid State Member
I have poked around a bit and havent really found much that is the same as my issue. I had this problem with my last computer also. I have a D-link Gamelounge router and currently installed wireless card is a brand new Tp-link wireless card pci x-1. so, my problem is that occasionally i will lose internet for a few moments. Sometimes i need to reset router to get connection back though. The srange part of this to me is that my computer still shows that i am connected to the internet. Also, my brother has internet when i do not. He is wired into the Router. My PC is brand new. I just built it myself. Running Win7 fully updated. Everything in it is brand new but the dvd drive and power unit. Any ideas?

Hello,

In addition please Download, Install and Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. It's a great tool to check for any Wi-Fi interference or signal issue.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 (id this is your O/S) snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.

Also, if the wireless disconnection happens frequently by any chance are you using any wireless manager utility that perhaps might be conflicting with your native Windows Auto config WLAN?

Hello,

In addition please Download, Install and Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. It's a great tool to check for any Wi-Fi interference or signal issue.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 (id this is your O/S) snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.

Also, if the wireless disconnection happens frequently by any chance are you using any wireless manager utility that perhaps might be conflicting with your native Windows Auto config WLAN?

as per your request i downloaded the tool and have cropped it in paint. I havent downloaded any wireless manager at all only used the cd to install drivers for my wireless card.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 11
Idk if the resolution on your pic it too low or if it's because I'm viewing it on my phone but I can't quite make it out... But I wouldn't bump your own thread... It tends to irritate others

Back
Top Bottom