connecting xbox360 to internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackracket

Beta member
ok im really rubbish with computers so what im going to say may only make sence to people with 360s

i have connected my ethernet cable to my 360 and my pc that is fine and my 360 says that my ip adress is confirmed but when it gets to the DNS it fails and i have no idea what to do to fix it other than try and get someone to buy me a router coz my mate had the same problem so he got a router and that fixed it
sorry im rubbish lol:p

yeh, I am unsure if the Xbox 360 allows u to use ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) a router will sort it out, you need a crosover cable to connect the xbox directly to your PC not a standard ethernet cable!

Try using one of the guide in this thread http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=114149

Scroll down to the PS2 part, it should be just like setting up the XBOX. You don't have to do anything to the XBOX, just configured the second network adapter on the host computer, leave the first adapter (the one connected to the Internet) alone. The XBOX will receive an IP address form ICS. And you need to use a cross-over cable.

What operating system do you run on the host computer?

i am running xp on the host computer

and in reply to chrisds it says in the manual that the 360 does allow you to use ICS

I have a 360 and know from my friends that you have to have the PC on the internet to be able to play xbox live. But if you used a direct cable from your router then it would be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom