Connecting two routers or Installing another NIC.

Spud1200

Fully Optimized
What would be the benefit of having another router connected to my set up.

I think I can answer this but I'm unsure so just wanted to ask. If connecting another Router to my current router, I know I could use this to create a Lab Environment but as far as I know I would have to have wouldn't I another actual Ethernet connection if setting up my current Desktop threw my Server. As in connecting my Desktop to the internet threw my Server.

Could this be achieved threw another router connected to my current.

Another router, another subnet or could just use as an extra switch if you run out of LAN ports on the core router.. could turn into a AP.. bridge..

You could create a easily manageable network for guests that's separate from your own with diff security settings and access permissions etc, keep your private stuff out of visitors reach

You could create a easily manageable network for guests that's separate from your own with diff security settings and access permissions etc, keep your private stuff out of visitors reach

I'm split as to weather to by a new router with something like pfSence or DD-WRT as my software choice. I'm thinking I might get one next week purely for the VPN Capability's and better encryption. I've been looking at my bog standard Router hear at home and its crap. Kman asked a while ago what its like. I didn't know anything about it at the time but its just crap.

Until then I'm not sure.

Back
Top Bottom