Connecting Printer to the D-Link Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

suppafreak

In Runtime
I have a HP4000 Laser printer. Currently I am connecting it to the PC via the parallel port. The printer also has RJ45 connection so it can be connected to the network.

I currently bought the new mobo and that one does not have the parallel port, I know there are USB to parallel cables, but I do not want to spend money if not need to. So I was wondering if I can connect the printer to one of the ports on the D-Link router (the router does not have print server).

Thanks, but can you be more specific. Normaly on those routers the IP addresses are from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.199. So I should set the IP for the printer to something outside of that range?

Yes if your network is using those IP's and that's your DHCP scope you'd wanna set it for something lower than .100.

Then setting up the printers on xp still choose local printer setup but uncheck scan for connected. then make a new port, tcp/ip and type in that ip that you gave your printer then it'll ask to install your drivers and your good.

OK, I am going to have to try it. Not sure where I would set that IP address, since the printer will be detected in the DHCP section.

Its in the setup options somewhere. Or u can leave it on dhcp and print the config from the printer and see what IP addy it's getting. :D

then set up the printers the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom