Connecting Outdoor Antenna to Wireless G Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario11584

Beta member
I need to create a home wireless network by tapping in to my parents home about 900 ft away. A high gain directional antenna should see my parents wireless network and allow me to use it on my home wireless network. How do I connect this Hawking High Gain Outdoor Directional Antenna - HAO14SDP - Buy.com to this Linksys - Wireless-G WRT54G Broadband Router - WRT54G - Buy.com. The problem is connecting the N-type connector from the outdoor antenna to the wireless router. How do I do that or does anybody have a different solution?

You need a extension coax, I can provide you with one if you give me the distance it needs to cover and I will let you know how much it would cost.

So after I have my outdoor antenna connected to the wireless router will that allow me to connect to the network in my parents home about 900 ft. away? It would seem to me that I would have to connect the antenna to a network card and not a wireless router. The network card needs to connect to the network (my parents network) whereas the router is creating my network (the one I want to create in my home using my parents wireless network). Can anybody fill in the gaps in my thinking?

Saxon, thanks for the help but I haven't gotten to that stage yet. I am still trying to figure everything out before I get the equipment. But, I'll keep in touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom