Connecting Mac and Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Freezie

Beta member
I have a Mac OS 9.1 and a Windows XP Professional computer, and they are sharing a internet connection with a router. I have some files on the Mac that I would like to move to the Windows, is this possible? If so, how? Thanks alot.

Windows XP no longer supports the Appletalk protocol. You can use a third-party piece of software though..something like PC MACLAN by Miramar Systems

If your MAC has a USB port, then perhaps a USB memory stick is the easiest way. But if not, just make sure your OS 9 MAC is set up to use IP and open a shared folder on your XP machine. That's the way I did it when I was still using MacIntosh OS 9. But that was before USB sticks were ubiqutous. Now I find it easier to pass smaller files around with a memory stick.
Goodluck

Found a program

OK I found a program that is pretty cheap, it only lets you share files between two computers, but thats all I really wanted to do anyway. The program is PC-Mac-NetFileShare and it works well. Here is their website if anyone is having the same problem as me:

http://www.lavasoftware.com/fileshare.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom