Connecting to the internet using other details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haifisch1919

Beta member
Hello everyone, this is my first thread ever on this forum as I just completed my registration process.
I come here with my first issue, that being: Can I connect to the internet using an Ethernet cable, but through a network connection created using the details of my friend's network(in a simple way)?
If it doesn't work normally, are there any bypasses for me to use in order to connect to the internet this way? I understand that users may have no wish to help me due to the unethical/illegal nature of what I'm trying to do but in my case, it is an emergency in the most accurate definition of an emergency, so please help if you have the means to.
Many thanks in advance!

as much as I can understand how much of an emergency it can be to get your lolcats update :p....

Internet connection sharing isnt unethical or illegal..... but then, you brought that up... which makes me think it might not exactly be your friends network.

But then, it would need to be close to do it by cable. Elaborate on that, and more people might be willing to help.
If not, Google "internet connection sharing" and We'll leave it at that

Yeah... well as silly as 'emergency' sounds, I should have provided more detail. I desperately need to get a better internet connection for this month because I will be working on my job from home and I can't afford to pay the bill, as I need to pay for previous months as well.
Also yes, it really is my friend's network, I didn't hack anyone's connection or steal their details simply because I don't know how, for I do not give too much of a crap about ethics.
And what I want to do is use the internet connection using my friend's details, but without having him use the connection at the same time, thus making the use of the word "share" rather inaccurate. I just want to use the connection while my friend isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom