Connecting for the first time

Status
Not open for further replies.

1_Hit_Death

Beta member
We Just built my friends computer and installed the OS hooked up the Ethernet cable and for some reason I cant figure out how to make my computer connect, i've tried the wizard but it doesnt seem to help. It just gives me some BS MSN connector that doesnt work.

We have the disk for the motherboard and it didnt have anything to install in the networking area. We've also got the old Windows exp drivers for his other computer , do you think those might work?

If your using Onboard NIC, then install whatever is on the disc anyways, because the NIC Drivers have to be on it reguardless if it specifically says it does or not. Alternativly you can always goto the manufactures website and check for driver downloads there.

Im not quiet sure what your saying, what is EXP? You mean the motherboard drivers for his old computer or the old operating system?

we're using the Infinity DFI Nforce4 SLi board. Its got an onboard card and we're attempting to download some drivers right now but they're only system drivers so i'm not sure how that'd help :-/

lol sorry to much World of Warcraft i ment to say "XP" not EXP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom