connecting 2 routers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i will gain being able to have my 6 computers and and xbox hooked up at the same time

yea my versalink is my dsl modem router and my linksys is just a router so i have to allow mt versalink to get the info first hand so to speak

DJ-CHRIS said:
So if you change the second last number their still in the "subnet"?

are you talking about the 192.168.5.1 address...if so, then yes...they will..

this is just a private address, it's "real" address so to speak is the 192.168.0.5

if you are connected to the linksys and your address is 192.168.5.x you should be able to ping the 192.168.0.1 address.

timmer said:
i will gain being able to have my 6 computers and and xbox hooked up at the same time

if all you want to do is use 7 computers at the same time then just use the versalink as your gateway/router and then either a) purchase a small 5 or 8 port switch to go off of the versalink OR b) use the linksys as a switch and connect a cable from the versalink to one of the lan ports on the linksys with a crossover.

if you go with "b" then you'll have to disable dhcp on the linksys and just use it as a switch, but for simplicity just get a small switch and run it off of the versalink.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom