Connecting 2 computers to the internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did this, however, with an xbox 360. Offhand, I can't remember what I did. But there was a tab in network properties somewhere that I found a checkbox that literally said "share this connection" and that was it.

My reasoning behind it was simply that my router was maxed out and I wanted the 360 online, so I put two PCI LAN cards in a desktop nearby and ran it to that and it worked.

However, a router will still be the best way to go. Yeah, it costs a couple bucks... But you gain a ton of functionality.

with hours of perseverance, i have successfully connected the 2 pc's to the internet AND i can share files at the same time, anyways, thanks for the help dudes...

Ya i knew it was possible, but when i did it, i was on XP, i couldnt figure out how to share it using vista :( Plus i was a little distracted as "someone" hit my car in the parking lot at work. This someone just happens to be the "god" of the office, so i was a little pturbed.

if i remember rightly its called ICS, internet connection sharing. Haven't used it for years.

Edit: yep, type "hh netcfg.chm" at RUN then click on internet connection sharing, fairly comprehensive help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom