Connected to the internet but internet explorer won't work???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I have a laptop which is connected to the internet (Can download Norton updates, and can use a program that has to be connected to the internet) but when i open my internet explorer it says "Page cannot be displayed". I Don't understand whats going on??? BTW, the laptop is wireless and i use a linksys wireless router (I'll never buy one again, you should be able to understand your customer support). Any advice or suggestions would be appriecated. Thanks in advance!

go to internet explorer, click tools -> options, and click on the connections tab.

Go to LAN settings, and click "automatically detect settings".

lan.jpg

I agree with tallboy, I would suggest using firefox as your default browser, sounds to me it is in your security settings. IE is the root of all evil, and more and more connectivity, and security issues are associated with it. If you like vonerabilities in your system, then continue to use IE, if not i would suggest an alternate route. No disrespect but it is made by microsoft right? Good luck to you, hope you get it all figured out.

Techtim

ok, little problem. How can i put firefox on my laptop (the computer i'm having trouble accesing the internet with) if it won't let me on in internet explorer? I've tried saving firefox on a floppy from my desktop computer but it doesn't have enough storage space. What can i do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom